The National Weather Service in Tulsa, Oklahoma shared a video with their latest updates on the winter storm happening today. Watch it here.
Continue to monitor the weather through local media and ensure you are signed up for emergency notifications via CodeRED 👉 SiloamSprings.com/CodeRed.
Street/Infrastructure crews have begun working prior to the storm by setting up and getting all equipment ready. They are currently working 24 hour shifts in preparation for the winter storm. Bridges, hills, and major intersections and roads will be treated first.
Here are a few reminders for winter weather.
1. Ensure you have the latest weather information from your local meteorologist.
2. Stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary. If you have to drive, make sure you have blankets, flashlights, charger, etc.
3. Be careful with heat sources - candles and space heaters are a fire risk.
4. Practice generator safety - use outdoors, at least 20 feet away from doors/windows/garages to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
5. Check on vulnerable family and neighbors to make sure they are OK.
6. Bring pets inside.
Learn more 👉 weather.gov/safety/winter.
Stay tuned to the City's Facebook page and website for further announcements.