News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/1/2020 3:20:15 PM to 10/1/2020 12:00:01 AM.

News Flash

Latest City of Siloam Springs News

Posted on: September 1, 2020

[ARCHIVED] Governor Hutchinson COVID 09/01/2020 Press Conference

Governor Hutchinson Press Conference Update graphic

Governor Hutchinson COVID-19 09/01/2020 Press Conference

> 273 new cases reported, cumulative total 61,497

> Up 3 to 423 hospitalizations

> Down 2 to 85 on ventilators

> Up 17 deaths to 814

> Top counties for new cases: Pulaski 44, Benton 29, Sebastian 24, Washington 21

> In response to a question yesterday about the proportion COVID-19 deaths that have other causes and contributing factors, here is the data. In Arkansas, 5.5% of all COVID-19 deaths had no other contributing factors or underlying conditions. The remaining 94.5% of people had underlying health issues as contributing factors.

> Additionally, it was asked how many people that go into the hospital recover from the hospital vs. pass away. Typically, Arkansans have had a 78.9% recovery rate from hospital to home.

> Dr. Romero – Free testing events this week are as follows:

Tuesday through Thursday 

8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

University of Arkansas

Baum Stadium Lot, Fayetteville.


3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Jefferson County Local Health Unit

2306 Rike Drive, Pine Bluff.


3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

University of the Ozarks

415 N. College Ave, Clarksville.


4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Garland County Library

1427 Malvern Ave., Hot Springs.


3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Paragould Community Center

3404 Linwood Dr., Paragould

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Latest City of Siloam Springs News

A photo of the Siloam Springs Public Building.

Library Hours For December 12

Posted on: December 8, 2023
An aerial view of a Christmas parade.

Upcoming Holiday Closures

Posted on: November 16, 2023
An aerial view of a Google map displaying multiple location pins.

Major Projects Tracker Now Live

Posted on: November 15, 2023
A tornado siren stands prepared to provide protection under a clear blue sky.

Outdoor Emergency System

Posted on: November 9, 2023
A cheerful girl looks directly at the camera, grinning.

Meet Hallie Monson

Posted on: November 8, 2023
A hand holding a pen, writing a check on a checkbook.

Important Update For Writing City Checks

Posted on: November 7, 2023
Street sign against a clear blue sky

Sager Creek Drive Rebuild Project

Posted on: November 2, 2023
A cheerful man with a friendly expression facing the camera.

Meet Kris Paxton

Posted on: October 18, 2023
A man grinning warmly in front of the camera.

Meet Jason Davis

Posted on: October 18, 2023
A man and woman sit together on a couch while they look at a computer screen with excitement.

Utility Bill Management

Posted on: July 19, 2023
A man smiles with dozens of computer screens behind him.

Cybersecurity Resource

Posted on: June 26, 2023
Memorial Park

Get Ready for the Best Summer Ever

Posted on: March 17, 2023
A group of people dig into a pile of dirt with shovels to celebrate a ground breaking.

Terminal Modernization Project

Posted on: March 16, 2023
Downtown Siloam Springs

Community Survey Results

Posted on: March 9, 2023