Infrastructure is a division of the Street Department funded by the Sales Tax Re-allocation.
Infrastructure, along with the Street Department strive to provide safe and improved street and road conditions through a variety of processes.
- Mill and Overlay - A milling machine is used to remove the top layer of asphalt from a street. Then an asphalt lay down machine is used to pave a new layer of asphalt in its place.
- Street Repair- They remove a short section of a street that has failed. Then repair that section by fixing the subgrade and laying new asphalt or pouring concrete.
- Street reconstruction- An old or failed street is completely removed. Then crews put in new storm drain, rebuild the subgrade, install curb and gutters, sidewalk, and lay new asphalt.
- Curb and Gutter repair – Old or damaged sections of curb and gutter are removed. The subgrade is fixed, and new curb and gutter concrete is poured in its place.
- Drain Culverts & Pipes – New pipe is installed where needed on projects. Crews also remove and replace culverts where needed due to damage.
- Drainage Projects - Crews repair existing drainage channels and retention ponds and when needed construct new ones.