The Engineering division’s primary responsibility is to preserve and promote the public health, safety and welfare of the Siloam Springs community. We provide engineering design services for the construction of the city's capital projects. We provide technical engineering support, review private development proposals and are responsible for the administration of capital improvement projects.
The department is responsible for ensuring all development proposals within the city have adequate infrastructure and meet the city's minimum engineering design criteria.
Engineering Documents & Reference Information
- Overview of Street Construction Inspection Requirements (PDF)
- Drainage Criteria Manual (PDF)
- Water Sewer Specs (PDF)
- Full Size City Detail Sheets (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (Web Form)
- City Details for Erosion (PDF)
- City Details for Water (PDF)
- City Details for Sewer (PDF)
- City Details for Streets/Drainage (PDF)
GIS Mapping System
We have launched our new city GIS Mapping System. To review the mapping and location possibilities, please access the Geographic Information System tool.
- Provide communication to the citizens of Siloam Springs through a designated person before and after the projects are completed
- Keep in contact and communicate daily with contractor on all activities
- Provide City Engineer with any and all field changes on all projects
- Assist the contractor to keep projects on schedule and within specified budget
- Supply on site daily inspections to ensure city is getting quality work
- Review and approve all pay requests before sending to accounts payable
- Continue reviewing plans and upgrading before the bidding process