- Heating is the second leading cause of US home fires and home fire injuries and the third leading cause of home fire deaths.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a winter storm.
- Have emergency supplies ready at home, in your car, and at work.
- Stay off the road during and after a winter storm.
- Use safe heating devices.
- If using a heating source other than central heat, have a carbon monoxide alarm in place.
Links to Winter Weather tips and information:
Ready.gov is a great source of information regarding winter weather preparedness and tips, along with all other weather readiness.
NFPA is another great source of information pertaining to winter weather preparedness.
National Weather Service is also a great source of information for all-weather readiness.