2018 CITY ADMINISTRATOR FORM OF GOVERNMENT FILING INFORMATION
FOR PRIMARY ELECTION AUGUST 14, 2018
FOR SILOAM SPRINGS, ARKANSAS
OFFICERS TO BE ELECTED: Director Position 1, 2, 3, and 4, (4-year terms)
FILING TIME: Wednesday May 16, 2018 – Noon Thursday May 31, 2018
FILING PLACE: City Clerk’s Office – 400 N. Broadway
QUALIFICATIONS: Any person desiring to be a candidate must:
- Be a qualified voter;
- Be a resident of the municipality for at least six (6) months;
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- File a petition with the City Clerk, containing at least fifty (50) qualified registered voters of the entire city. Any adult person who has resided within the municipality for at least six (6) months and is qualified to vote at an election of the county or state offices shall be deemed a qualified elector;
- Continue to reside in the city for the term in which he or she was elected;
- Complete and file a Statement of Candidacy with the City Clerk’s Office;
- Complete and file a Political Practice Pledge with the City Clerk’s Office;
- Pay a $10.00 filing fee to the City Clerk upon filing of the Petition and Statement.
Forms for candidates are available at the Siloam Springs City Clerk’s Office in City Hall at 400 N. Broadway or at the County Clerk’s Office in Siloam Springs located at 707 S. Lincoln, Suite C.
If more than two (2) candidates qualify for an office, the names of all candidates shall appear on the ballot at the non-partisan, Municipal Primary Election to beheld on August 14, 2018. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast in the primary, the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall be thenominees for the respective offices to be voted upon at the November 6, 2018 General Election.
- Filing Period: Begins at Noon on May 16th and ends at Noon on May 31st
- Filing Location: City Clerk’s Office
- Deadline to Register to Vote: July 16th
- Early Voting: Tuesday, August 7th to Monday, August 13th from 8 AM to 4:30 PM
- Primary Election: Tuesday, August 14th
- General Election: Tuesday, November 6th