FALL CLEAN-UP: Your trash/recycling day- week of October 23, 2017
Please look through this letter as Fall Clean up has some changes this year. We invite you to take advantage of this FREE service provided by the City of Siloam Springs Sanitation Division. Your pick-up day is the same day your trash and recycling is picked up. Should you have any questions, please call the Sanitation Division directly at 479-524-8512.
Bulk Household Items than CAN BE Picked Up
- Artificial Christmas trees, chairs and couches, entertainment centers, old above ground pools, mattresses and box springs, sinks and tubs, lawn furniture, large toys, etc.
- Building materials are now limited to 2 cubic yards (this is about the same size as a normal truck pickup bed).
EXCLUDED Items (these items will NOT be picked up)
Tires, household hazardous materials (paints, pesticides, cleansers, etc.) tree stumps, concrete slabs, glass, air conditioners, freezers or refrigerators with Freon, tire rims, and electronics.
- Empty lots will not be serviced. No clean up items will be picked up from empty lots.
- This service is not provided to businesses, apartments, condos, multi-unit complexes (includes 3 or more units), non-profits and industry.
- Electronic waste (such as computers and televisions), appliances with Freon, tires and household hazardous waste including cleansers and paint are not accepted with bulk collection.
- These items should be taken to the Benton County Satellite Drop-off located at 1108 E Ashley Siloam Springs AR every Tuesday, Thursday and third Saturday of every month. This is a free service.
Rules and Regulations:
- Items must be placed out by 7 a.m. on your scheduled trash/recycling day on the week of October 23. Placing items out the night before is recommended.
- Do not place items out before Saturday, October 21, 2017.
- Items must be placed within 5-6 feet of the curbside, no alleys or side streets please. Crews will not collect materials directly from inside customers’ homes.
- Do not place directly under power lines or tree limbs or within 4 feet of any other object or collection materials on the ground.
- Do not block the right-of-way in streets, sidewalks or access to mailboxes.
- Qualified items placed at curbside will be removed. We are not responsible for any materials left at curbside not intended for removal or that do not qualify for removal.
- Once crews have been down a customer’s street they will not return. Therefore, it is important to have your items placed out first thing on your scheduled trash/recycling day.