During the warmer months, trails can get busy. Sometimes we all need a little reminder about trail protocol.
How to use our trails responsibly....
- Wear a helmet when riding a bike.
- Use lights and reflective gear when it’s dark.
- Bicyclists should use hand signals to communicate turns to others.
- Look and listen for other trail users.
- Be cautious around corners and bends in the trail.
- Stay to the right unless you are passing. If you are passing, ring your bell or give a verbal warning such as “passing on your left”.
- Call 911 for any emergencies and note where you are on the trail. Note the nearby streets or road marks.
- Please report light outages to the Electric Department at 479-524-3777
- Always pass slower traffic on their left.
- Be sure to give an auditory warning when passing. Either loudly say, “passing on your left” or ring your bicycle bell.
- Do not litter. Please throw away all trash.
- Do not disturb wildlife.
- Please do not use motorized vehicles on trails (except motorized wheelchairs)
- Stay on the trail.
- Keep your pet on a leash and by your side.
- Pick up after your pet. Please do not leave pet waste on the trails.