Thank you for your interest in law enforcement. The Siloam Springs Police Department employs 38 Sworn Police Officers, 12 Dispatchers, and 5 Support Staff Personnel.
We are a purpose-driven group of employees, dedicated to providing professional service to the residents of Siloam Springs. In our daily duties, we follow three concepts we call our Pillars; they guide our decisions, actions and results. These pillars are: 1) constitutionally correct action; 2) morally and ethically sound engagement; and, 3) restrained tactics that are strictly within the authority delegated to us.
Law enforcement is a great profession that can provide individuals with a sense of accomplishment, personal growth, and an opportunity to service our community.
The Siloam Springs Police Department only accepts applications during the time we have current positions posted. To see if we have current openings within the Siloam Springs Police Department please visit the City of Siloam Springs Human Resources page.
1. Be a United States Citizen
2. Possess a High School Diploma or GED
3. Must possess a valid driver's license
4. Must be at least 21 years of age
5. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
6. Be in good physical condition
1. Driver's License
2. Birth Certificate
3. Social Security Card
4. High School Diploma or GED
Without being stated in the disqualifiers, if circumstances exist which indicate that an applicant is clearly unsuited for a position within the Siloam Springs Police Department, they will be disqualified and sent a letter from Human Resources.
1. Any current misdemeanor charge or a misdemeanor conviction within the preceding two (w) years. Exception: Traffic related offenses.
2. Currently under indictment for or charged with any criminal offense.
3. May not have used an illegal controlled substance within the last three (3) years.
4. No DWI conviction within the last three (3) years.
1. Any Felony Conviction (including offenses pardoned or expunged)
2. Conviction of a Class "A" Misdemeanor for domestic violence/abuse, theft or crime of moral turpitude.
3. Certain levels of habitual illegal drug or controlled substance use.
4. Discharge from the Armed Forces with a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge, or a General Discharge for misconduct or failure to adapt.
5. Having been discharged from any city, state, federal or private corrections institute or law enforcement agency as an Officer or Civilian for disciplinary reasons, resigning to avoid suspension, or discharge or having resigned during a disciplinary investigation without final judgement being rendered.
6. Making false statements (lying), falsely swearing to statements or any other manner of falsifying testimony in any official matter or in any significant business transaction.
7. Omitting incidents, circumstances, or information of material fact that would otherwise be used in consideration for an offer of employment, or any deceptive statement or act.
Employment is conditional upon the individual's ability to successfully complete the hiring process. If at any time you do not pass any part of the hiring process, a letter will be sent to you from the City of Siloam Springs Human Resources Department.
Review of Application
Written Test - Pass with a 70% or above
Extensive Background Investigation
Final Interview with the Chief and Deputy Chief of Police
City Administrator's approval
Testing and Physical Assessment
Police testing dates, times and location will be e-mailed individually once the applicant has passed the minimum qualifications.
On the testing day, applicants must pass a two hour written test with a 70% or above and pass their physical assessment to qualify for an interview.
The physical assessment consists of:
A. Vertical Leap
B. 1-minute Push-Ups
C. 1-minute Sit-Ups
D. 300 meter sprint
E. 1.5 mile run
Note: Applicants having failed the written test within the previous 12 months of application may retest at their own expense.
Salary and Benefits
2016 Salary Range for Police Officer:
$32,335 - $52,916
• Insurance benefits effective 1st of the month following 30 days from date of hire
• Uniforms and Equipment paid for by the Department
• State LOPFI Retirement Plan
• Elective City 457 Retirement Plan
• Proficiency Pay for Bilingual Officers
• Pay for previous sworn experience up to 7% above starting wage
• Compensation Time
• Direct Deposit
• 1 Floating Holiday per calendar year
• 15 days of vacation per year during the first 10 years of service; and 20 days thereafter
• Sick leave accrued at 13.33 hours for every full month of service
• Longevity Pay after 2 years of service
• 12 paid Holidays